Palak Paneer Dosa ( Mumbai Roadside Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34997 times
India truly comes together in this recipe! this dosa with a punjabi tadka is a simple, delectable and sure-fire method to make your kid eat spinach! ensure you use a soft paneer to relish this snack.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add ¾ cup of water and simmer till the spinach cooks. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat a tava /non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ¼th of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9") thin dosa.
- Place 1 tbsp of butter in the centre, add ¼ cup of onions and 2 tsp of green garlic chutney, mix well, cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of spinach purée, ¼ tsp of chilli powder, ¼ tsp of garam masala, mix well, cover and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the paneer, salt, another ½ tbsp of butter, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Place the stuffing on a small plate and fold over the dosa to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Place the dosa on a plate along with the stuffing and serve immediately with coconut chutney, green garlic chutney and sambhar.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
- Vendors usually make the pav bhaji stuffing over the dosa, which is smeared on the tava (griddle).
- You can follow the same method of making the bhaji on the dosa or you can make it in a kadhai and then smear it over the dosas.
- Smear approximately 1/3 cup of bhaji over a dosa, add 1 tbsp of butter and grated cheese over it if you like.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney, green garlic chutney and sambhar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.