by Tarla Dalal
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93336 times
Palak or saag is one of the favourite leafy vegetables in north Indian households. They use the versatile palak in a variety of preparations such as raita, gravy and even kofta!
- Combine all the ingredients with 1 cup of water and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water with salt and cook the spinach leaves in it till tender. Take care not to loose colour of the leaves.
- Remove from flame and drain. Blend to a smooth purée.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the ginger, garlic and tomatoes to it.
- Sauté for sometime till the mixture leaves oil and then add the white gravy, spinach purée, black salt and salt. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the paneer cubes, dried fenugreek leaves, Punjabi garam masala, sugar and cream and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.