Palak Methi Puris
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 352 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32817 times
These low calorie puris are a great way of disguising dark green leafy vegetables. Palak and methi are both very good sources of vitamin A which is necessary for maintaining a healthy vision and glowing complexion. Though baked only with 1 teaspoon of oil and not deep fried, these puris are really crisp. They make an excellent tea-time snack and are sure to keep you going until dinner.
- Combine the spinach and fenugreek, add salt and allow to rest for 10 minutes till the liquid is released. Use this liquid to bind the puri dough. Add all the other ingredients and knead into a soft dough, using a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 35 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 37 mm. (1½") diameter.
- Prick the rolled out puris with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the puris are golden brown.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vit A||61.5 mcg|
|Vit C||0.4 mg|
|F. Acid||1.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.