Oriental Style Stir-fried Vegetable Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1326 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25735 times
A novel paratha, stuffed with chinese stir-fried vegetables. While making the stuffing for the oriental style stir-fried vegetable paratha, make sure you do not over-cook the vegetables, to maintain the perfect stir-fry texture and flavour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead to make a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 11 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with chilli garlic sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.