Oriental Bhel ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 554 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39833 times
Several versions of oriental bhel are seen around the country these days—especially at food fests and college gatherings. Some like to make it with fried noodles, but here i have presented a wholesome version made of fried samosa patty strips, with loads of stir-fried veggies and bean sprouts.
- For the sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter and add the onion, garlic and celery and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, bean sprouts, lettuce, salt and pepper and saute for another minute.
- Keep aside.
- Deep fry the strips of samosa patti in hot oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Place them on a serving plate and top with the stir-fry.
- Pour the warm sauce over the stir-fry.
- Serve immediately.
- When the sauce is simmering, start working on the stir-fry.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.