Orange and Cabbage Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8214 times
A delicious and filling salad, served with thousand island curds dressing.
- Put the vegetables in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add 1 teacup of water to the china grass and cook on a slow flame until it dissolves completely. Strain.
- Add the orange juice and boil for 1 minute.
- Cool until lukewarm and then add the lemon juice, sugar, vegetables, orange segments and salt. Place in an attractive mould and put to set in the refrigerator.
- Just before seving, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds, loosen the sides and unmould on a plate. Decorate with grated cabbage and carrots.
- Serve with Thousand Island curds dressing.
- Health Information :
- Cabbage in rich in Vitamins A and C, calcium, phosphorous and potassium.
- Oranges are rich in Vitamins A and C and minerals.
- Together, they make a salad rich in vitamins and minerals.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|1 g||13 g||0.2 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.