by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4849 times
A tangy salad, ideal for the hot days.
- Chop the pineapple slices very finely and keep aside a few pieces for decoration. Keep aside the syrup from the can.
- Dissolve the jelly in 2 teacups of boiling water.
- Cool a little and add the lemon juice, salt and 1 teacup of the pineapple syrup. Set partially in the refrigerator in a broad vessel.
- When almost set, break up the jelly and add the carrots, walnuts and pineapple pieces.
- Wet a bread mould tin and fill up with the jelly mixture.
- Put to set in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds, loosen the sides and unmould on a plate (or in individual serving bowls if for a sitting-down meal).
- Surround with lettuce leaves, tomato slices and cucumber slices.
- Decorate the jelly with a flower made from pineapple pieces with a walnut as the centre and capsicum strips as stem and leaves.
- Serve cold.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.