by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4935 times
Light and tangy, always to be served fresh. Try the sophisticated variations.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg - yolks and the sugar very well until thick. If you find the mixture hard to beat, add a little lemon juice and beat.
- Grate the orange and lemon rind very finely and add.
- Add the orange and lemon juices. Finally, add 225 grams cream.
- Pour the mixture into ice trays.
- Set the refrigertor on the coldest position one hour in advance.
- Put the ice-cream to set.
- When it sets, take out the ice ream in a bowl. Beat well.
- Add the rest of the cream.
- Beat the egg - whites stiffly.
- Add the egg - whites to the ice - cream. Add colouring and flavouring as required. Mix well.
- Pour the ice-cream into ice trays and follow the instructions as given in Ice-cream in the Refrigerator recipe.
- VARIATIONS : ORANGE, RAISIN AND RUM ICE-CREAM
- Recipes as for orange ice-cream, but soak 75 grams seedless raisins in the orange and lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of rum for 1 hour before making -
- the ice-cream.
- ORANGE BRANDY ICE-CREAM
- Recipe as for orange ice-cream, but saok the grated orange rind in the orange and lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of brandy or Curacao for about 30 -
- minutes before making the ice-cream.
- ORANGE CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM
- Recipe as for orange ice-cream but add 75 grams coarsely grated or chopped milk or plain chocolate when folding in the cream and egg-whites.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.