Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27335 times
A classic Gujarati recipe adapted for the microwave. The colour of the vegetables is vibrant.
- Put the chopped fenugreek leaves in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Allow to stand for 5 to 7 minutes and squeeze out all the liquid from the leaves.
- Combine the fenugreek with the remaining ingredients in a bowl and knead into a very soft dough by adding 3 tablespoons of water.
- Spread this mixture onto a greased shallow glass disha and cover with a lid. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into small squares.
- String the Surti papdi, taking care not to separate the 2 sides.
- Wash the papdi, add the carom seeds, soda bi-carb and salt and mix well.
- Peel the purple yam, yam, potatoes and sweet potatoes and cut into big pieces.
- Cut the brinjals and the banana into big pieces and cut a vertical slit in the centre of each piece.
- Put the oil and asafoetida in a glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the Surti papdi, purplr yam, yam, potatoes, sweet potatoes and brinjals and 1/4 cup water, cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the prepared masala, banans, methi muthias and mix well. Cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Serve hot.
- Oondhiya is traditionally served with puris and shrikhand.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.