Oondhiya By Bhaviniparekh2001
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3512 times
A classic gujarati recipe, oondhiyu is a vegetable preparation which is relished with puris and shrikhand at parties and special gatherings. Entice your guests with this traditional gujarati fare which is low in cal and great in taste.
- Combine all the ingredients in bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions and shape them into small round cylindrical rolls.
- Heat the 4 tbsp oil in a pan, add the ghattas and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Combine the chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer this paste in a bowl, add the vegetables with oil and mix well and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the vegetables, mix well and cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the papdi, turmeric, flour, ajwain and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame till the yam is cooked.
- Add the coriander, lemon, and sprinkle some water if required and add the sugar and mix well.
- Serve hot with parathas.
This recipe was contributed by bhaviniparekh2001 on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.