Onion and Methi Pulao
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33403 times
Onion and methi pulao, it can be served as one meal dish, serve with raita and papad.
- Clean and soak the rice for 20 minutes using enough water in a deep bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the whole garam masala.
- When the garam masala crackles, add the green chillies and onions and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add the methi leaves and saute for another 5 minutes till you can smell the aroma of methi.
- Add the rice saute for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water, salt, garam masala and balck pepper powder, mix well and simmer till the rice is cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with fried onions.
This recipe was contributed by shrutidaga on 13 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.