by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32582 times
Although liked by people of all age groups, Onion Rings tops the charts as far as kids are concerned! This recipe for Onion Rings is super-effective, as baking powder makes the rings puff up wonderfully. Likewise, adding powdered sugar to the batter and keeping the batter aside for 15 minutes imparts a fantastic flavour and an appetising brown colour to the Onion Rings after deep-frying. As far as taste goes, these Onion Rings are a sure-shot hit because of the herby flavour of oregano and the peppiness of chaat masala. Enjoy these fresh while the crispness is in tact.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, garlic paste, oregano, baking powder, powdered sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Cover the batter with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip the onion rings one by one in the batter till they are evenly coated form all the sides and deep-fry in hot oil on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. You can deep-fry 4 to 5 onion rings at a time. Drain on an absorbent
- Sprinkle some chaat masala over the onion rings immediately and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.