Onion Rava Dosa ( Acidity Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37321 times
Another version of instant, non-fermented dosa made with semolina and onions.
- Combine the semolina, rice flour, soda bi-carb and salt and add enough water (approximately 4 cups) to make a very thin batter.
- Add the onions, mix well and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small vessel, add the cumin seeds and fry until they crackle.
- Add the green chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds. Add this to the batter.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Heat a large non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and grease it lightly with a little ghee.
- Pour ½ cup of the batter in a circular manner. Do not use a laddle to spread the batter, tilt and twirl the pan instead.
- Drizzle a little ghee in the holes of the dosa and cook until crisp.
- Fold into a triangular shape and serve hot.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.