Onion, Potato Kulcha
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26978 times
Onion,potato kulcha is a north indian stuffed kulcha recipe. The leavened maida or refined flour flat breads called kulchas are stuffed with potatoes and onion and served with channa or pickle
- Sieve the maida along with soda bi-carb and salt.
- Add the curds and milk gradually and add sufficient water to make soft and smooth dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and keep aside for ten minutes.
- Add two tbsp of oil and knead again and cover again and keep aside for at least an hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 to 8 equal portions and shape them into smooth balls. Keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, onions, coriander, mint leaves, green chillies, pomegranate seeds powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
- Divide the potato mixture into 6 to 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Flatten a portion of dough, place a portion of the potato mixture in the centre and fold the dough over to form a ball.
- Place the stuffed dough on a lightly floured surface and roll gently into circle of 5" diameter.
- Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle onion seeds on the surface and press with your palm.
- Preheat oven to 220°c and place on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°c for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Brush the hot kulcha with butter and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.