Onion Pancakes ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 100 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13801 times
A popular starter for the meal.
- Mix all the ingredients into a batter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the batter onto a non-stick frying pan and cook on both sides with a little oil. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt and remove from the heat.
- Drain the liquid, if any.
- Spread 1 tablepsoons of the filling on each pancake, fold and if desired, seal the edges by applying a little of the pancake mixture.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
- Variation : Coconut Pancakes :
- Proceed in the same manner using a filling of a mixture of 1 teacup of grated fresh coconut.
- !/2 teacup of sugar and 1 drop of rose or vanilla essence (optional) instead of the above filling.
- And after filling this mixture into the pancakes, sprinkle sesame seeds on top before frying.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.