One Dish Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 403 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21386 times
Vegetables simmered with pulses. A simple dish that needs no accompaniment other than rotis or rice.
Add your private note
One Dish Dal recipe - How to make One Dish Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash the moong dal and masoor dal. Drain.
- Pressure cook the dals, green chilli, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, salt with 1 cup of water, till the dals are tender.
- Whisk the pressure cooked dal till smooth and remove the green chilli.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the bhindi, cluster beans, carrots, sweet corn, potatoes, brinjal and chilli powder and saute for 5 to 7 minutes till the vegetables soften.
- Add the cooked dal and 1 cup of water and salt and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.