Olive and Tomato Pasta Or How To Make Olive and Tomato Pasta Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48156 times
An intense tomato sauce, perked up with capsicum, spices and herbs plays host to perfectly cooked farfalle, which makes the ensemble look very attractive indeed. Dotted with black olives and seasoned with red chilli flakes, the Olive and Tomato Pasta becomes all the more tempting when garnished with grated cheese. As far as possible, prepare this dish just before serving to enjoy the maximum flavour and aroma of the spices. When it’s not possible to do so, keep the pasta and sauce ready in advance, but assemble and garnish it just before serving.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaf and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water and simmer on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the oregano, tomato purée, tomato ketchup, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared tomato sauce, black olives, cream and chilli flakes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the farfalle and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with grated cheese.
- 8 large sized tomatoes when blanched and deseeded will yield approximately 2 cups of chopped tomatoes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.