Oats Mutter Dosa ( Fibre Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41912 times
This instant dosa batter is packed with protein and fibre. Oats must be consumed daily for its high content of soluble fibre ‘beta-glucan’, a potent blood sugar and cholesterol-lowering agent. The addition of urad dal and carrots make the dosas rich in protein and vitamin a too. Prepare this instantly and serve it hot with a chutney of your choice.
- Combine the oats, urad dal and salt in a bowl and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Add1¾ cups of water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and green chilli.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and green peas, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, chaat masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and move the spoon in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) round dosa.
- Smear ¼ tsp of oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the dosa and fold over.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with a chutney of your choice.
- Do not keep the batter for too long as it becomes thicker making it difficult to spread.
| 110 kcal|| 3.9 gm|| 14.6 gm|| 4.0 gm|| 0.9 gm|| 1.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.