Oats Moong Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38129 times
Oats is not just for porridge! why not make a delicious and nutritious toast by combining oats and moong with lots of perky coriander? Make sure you make these just before serving, to prevent them from turning soggy.
- Combine all ingredients with approx. ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and divide it into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Brush 1/8 tsp of oil on one side of each bread slice.
- Place each bread slice on a flat surface, with the brushed side facing downwards and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Place each open sandwich on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the prepared topping side facing downwards and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till the topping turns golden brown in colour.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cut each toast into 4 equal triangles and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per toast
|Energy|| 133 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 22.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
|Iron|| 1.6 mg|
|Vitamin A|| 90.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.