Oats Mooli Roti, Zero Oil Oats Mooli Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22826 times
Think breakfast, and Mooli Roti is amongst the first choices that come to your mind. This very popular North Indian breakfast dish has been tweaked slightly in this recipe, by including oats flour along with whole wheat flour, to boost the fibre content.
Grated radish contributes not only flavour but also nutrients, and also helps to moisten the rotis. A couple of spice powders are added to the dough to give the Zero Oil Oats Mooli Roti a lip-smacking flavour. You will really enjoy the unique texture and homely flavour of this Oats Mooli Roti, when had hot.
Serve with curds or with some low-cal pickle or chutney .You can also enjoy it as it is with a cup of hot tea .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough without using water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 125 mm (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a non-stick tava (griddle). Turn over in a few seconds. Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 4 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roti
|Energy|| 53 cal|
|Protein|| 1.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 10.2 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.5 gm|
|Fiber|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.