Oats Flakes Upma
by rajni ahuja
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15927 times
Oats flakes upma, a new variation of a regular upma by using oats instead of semolina.
- Dry roast the oats in a pan for 1-2 minutes. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and red chilli and saute till the dal changes the colour.
- Add the onions, ginger and green chillies, mix well and saute till the onions turn tranculant.
- Add the water, salt and oats, mix well and cook till water is completely absorbed and oats are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by rajni ahuja on 11 Oct 20111.Iam senior citizen,aged72 yrs,
retired deputy librarian from IIT kharagpur ,
42 years of experie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.