Oats Cheese Straws ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23804 times
These fingers are baked using oats and cheese making it an interesting, healthy snack option. Munch on them plain, use a nice dip or add herbs and seasoning into the dough for a masala version of these straws.
- Combine the oats flour, plain flour and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cheese and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of ice-cold water and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 25 equal portions and roll each portion into 75 mm. (3”) cylindrical long stick.
- Arrange the straws on an greased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes, turn them and then bake at 200°c (400°f) for another 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and store in an air-tight container.
- To get ½ cup of oats flour, grind ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Make sure that you use butter kept at room temperature and not melted.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.