Nourishing Moong Soup ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57150 times
Moong soup, subtly flavoured with curry leaves and lemon juice, this moong soup is easily digestible and high on energy. Carrots and paneer increase the protein and vitamin a content making this soup a great starter to meals.
- Clean and wash the moong, add 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and moong(along with water), mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- To enhance the nutritive value of the soup, add ¼ cup of low-fat chopped paneer and ¼ cup of grated carrots after step 4 and simmer till the carrots are tender.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 80 calories|
|Protein|| 4.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 11.6 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Calcium|| 27.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.