Non- Fried Kachori ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59888 times
Kachoris are a delight for the diner – nutritious and tasty at the same time. But the one black spot that usually mars the goodness of kachoris is that they are deep-fried. Here is a non-fried version of kachori that you’re sure to enjoy as much as the original. You can now indulge in the protein boost of moong dal without worrying about the calories of a deep-fried snack!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add enough water and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 small equal portions and roll out each into a 63mm (2”) diameter thin circle. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Drain the moong dal, add 2 to 3 tbsp of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, carom seeds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- When the seeds crackle, add the moong dal, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger-green chilli paste, fennel powder, sugar and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and cool slightly.
- Divide the stuffing 10 to 12 equal portions and shape into round balls. Keep aside.
- Place a puri on a flat dry surface and put a portion of the stuffing in the centre and seal the edges on top.
- Give a round shape to each kachori by rolling between the palms.
- Repeat with the remaining puris and stuffing to make more kachoris.
- Arrange on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes.Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.