by Tarla Dalal
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29694 times
Despite the 'couch potato' allusion, potatoes are actually quite healthy if not deep-fried. If boiled or cooked without oil like in this recipe, the goodness of potatoes is really tapped. A real delicacy, this recipe lets you take advantage of the rich potassium content in potato, without worrying about an increasing waistline as the side effect!
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the potatoes.
- Dry roast till the potatoes are brown from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Put the tomatoes and 1 cup of water in a non-stick kadhai and cook for about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the non-stick kadhai again on a medium flame and when hot, add the ground paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato purée, potatoes, sugar, milk and salt and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.