Nariyal ki Meethi Roti ( Parathas )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11064 times
Kuch crunchy, kuch meethi! this roti makes amazing dessert, serve hot as is, or with a dollop of whipped cream for a stunning looking dessert. Grated coconut, powdered sugar, hints of nutmeg and cardamom go into making this yummy, innovative treat.
- Melt the ghee and add the coconut. Cook on a slow flame, stirring continuously until it is lightly coloured and totally dry. This should takes about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- When cool, add the sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well. Add extra sugar and nutmeg if required.
- Brush the both sides of a chapati with ghee and place on a hot tava (griddle).
- Put 2 tbsp of the stuffing on one half of the chapati.
- Fold the roti into half so you get a semi-circular roti with stuffing in the centre.
- Cook on both sides using ghee till brown spots appear on the surface.
- Repeat with the remaining chapatis and stuffing to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.