Nachos with Mango Salsa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20455 times
Crisp nachos are made out of maize flour flavored with carom, cumin seeds and salt. Ripe mangoes, chopped tomatoes, spring onion whites and greens, chilli and coriander are chopped fine and served with the nachos. The perfect appetizer for a Mexican meal!
- Roast the cumin seeds on a tava (griddle) for a few seconds.
- Add the carom seeds and roast again for a few seconds. Pound them coarsely.
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a dough by adding warm water. Knead very well.
- Divide the dough into small portions.
- Roll out each portion into thin rotis with the help of a little flour, prick all over with a fork. Cook lightly on a tava (griddle).
- Cut each roti into 25 mm x 25 mm. (1" x 1") squares and deep-fry in hot oil until crisp.
- Drain thoroughly on absorbent paper. Store in an air-tight tin.
- Serve with the mango salsa.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.