Nachni Ladoos, Ragi Ladoo, Recipe For Pregnancy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53469 times
We are lucky because the Indian landscape makes available to us a wealth of healthy grains with immeasurable benefits. Most of these grains and their flours are so versatile that they can be used to make everything from khichdis to ladoos.
Here is a delicious Nachni Ladoo that proves our point. A nutrient-dense and irresistibly tasty treat laced with cardamom, these ladoos help build your iron and vitamin B complex reserves. When you feel like snacking, grab two of these power-packed ladoos to shoo away your hunger.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the ragi flour and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased plate, spread it evenly and keep aside to cool completely for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and keep at room temperature for another 5 minutes.
- Scrape the ladoo mixture using a spoon, divide it into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per ladoo
|Energy|| 125 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.7 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 13.5 gm|
|Fat|| 7.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.1 gm|
|Iron|| 0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B1|| 0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3|| 0.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.