Mysore Masala Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 277 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82455 times
How do you make quick dosas ? just add yeast and fermentation time is drastically reduced.
- For the dosas, soak the rice, urad dal, toovar dal and fenugreek seeds for at least for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind the soaked dal mixture in a mixture with enough water. Add salt.
- Mix the yeast in a little warm water and add to the batter. Mix well. Wait for 45 minutes and again mix well.
- Heat the oil, add the urad dal and mustard seeds and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and asafoetida and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and turmeric powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder and salt. Cool the mixture.
- Grease a non-stick tawa (griddle) very lightly using cotton wool. Spread a little batter at a time on the tawa and cook individual dosas using a little butter.
- Spread a little chutney, tomatoes and capsicums. Then spread the potato bhaji in the centre of the dosa.
- Fold the stuffed dosa like an envelop. Serve hot with extra coconut chutney.
- Goodness Guide :
- Par-boiled rice is steamed before husking resulting in the nutrients going deep into the grain.
- The nutrients thus remain intact and don't get ground away while polishing.
- Yeast is rich in most B-Group Vitamins.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
| 4.5 g|| 24.4 g|| 8.6 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.