Mysore Masala ( Mumbai Roadside Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37027 times
Interestingly, mumbai has mastered its own way of making mysore masala dosa, which is quite different from the way it is actually made in mysore! the innovation in mumbai’s streets is the addition of grated beetroot to the standard recipe of butter, chopped onions and potato bhaji! it’s amazing how the vendor mashes up the mixture and cuts up the dosa without tearing the dosa or spilling the filling!
- Heat the butter in a deep kadhai, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes, capsicum,carrots, beetroot, coriander, chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on amedium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat a tava /non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ¼ th of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9") thin dosa.
- Add 1/2 tsp of butter and allow it to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup of dosa masala,2 tsp of mysore chutney, 2 tsp of green garlic chutney and 1/4 cup prepared masala and mix lightly and allow to cook for atleast 3 to 4 minutes or till the dosa is crispy.
- Fold over while pressing it lightly using spatula to make a flat roll and cut into 4 equal pieces using sharp edge of the spatula on the tava (griddle).
- Place the pieces on a plate and serve immediately with coconut chutney, green garlic chutney and sambhar.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.