Mysore Bonda ( How To Make Mysore Bonda)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90691 times
Bonda is a filling and scrumptious snack that can be served alone with coffee or as a supplement to idli, dosa or pongal. Normally, either vadas or bondas are served along with a south indian breakfast. Made with urad dal, bondas also provide a healthy dose of proteins to supercharge your day!
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding 1 to 2 tbsp of water if required.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 15 equal portions.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, shape each portion into a round and deep-fry a few at a time till they are golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.