by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1681 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41855 times
Open this page on days when you feel indulgent! mutter dhingri is a delicious combination of green peas and mushrooms in luscious, thick gravy. The tomato-based gravy features a combination of spices, a generous dose of curds, and an opulent paste of cashews and poppy seeds. You will love the rich mouth-feel and lingering flavour of this subzi.
- Combine the cashewnuts and poppy seeds and blend in a mixer well without using any water.
- Add a little water and again blend well till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli powder, curds, salt, green peas and mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cashew-poppy seed paste, 2 tbsp of water and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice, parathas or crackers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.