Mushrooms and Baby Corn Tarts In Herbal Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12288 times
A colourful and exotic mushroom and baby cocktail snack.
- Sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with the finger tips.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of ice-cold water to make a dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a fluted cutter of desired size.
- Press the cut pieces into tart cases and prick with a fork.
- Bake blind in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the tart cases.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and flour and cook over a slow flame while strirring throughout.
- Add the milk gradually and stir continually until the sauce thickens. Add the cheese and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the dill and salt and mix well.
- Blanch the baby corn in boiling water.
- Heat the butter and saute the mushrooms for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Arrange the tart cases and fill them with the mushroom and baby corn mixture.
- Spread the herbal sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle with cooking cheese and grill in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If you like, decorate the tarts with baby corn slices, capsicum slices and tomato slices.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.