Mushroom Oregano Open Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31841 times
What an experience! Mushrooms sautéed with onions, chillies and aromatic oregano are set atop buttered toast and garnished with tangy tomatoes and parsley, waiting to be bit into, waiting to brush your taste buds with a mélange of flavors, waiting to take you along on a memorable culinary experience that you will want to keep repeating again and again. The Mushroom Oregano Open Sandwich tastes so out of this world, you will find it hard to believe that all it takes is minutes to prepare.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the plain flour and green chillies, and sauté on a medium flame for 30 more seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, oregano and salt, sauté on a very high flame for at least 4-5 minutes or till the mushrooms are soft.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Trim the edges of all the bread slices.
- Just before serving, toast the bread slices in a pop-up toaster until golden brown, butter the toasted bread slices.
- Top each toasted buttered slice with a portion of the filling.
- Top with 1 tsp of parsley and 1 tbsp of tomatoes on each toast.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.