Mushroom Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29866 times
Tomatoes, cheese and herbs are a time-tested combination. In this Mushroom Open Toast, you will find that mushrooms fit beautifully into the picture too.
Their unique texture makes them an apt addition to this open sandwich, which is further enhanced with tongue-tickling chilli garlic sauce.
Enjoy this satiating recipe for Breakfast or as a mid-day snack with a glass of Coconut and Orange Drink .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli garlic sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese and oregano, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a toasted bread slice on a clean, dry surface, put 1 portion of the topping over it and spread it evenly.
- Repeat step 1 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.