Mushroom Mutter Makhani
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 182 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65752 times
Hearty chunks of mushrooms and green peas replace paneer in this famous Punjabi recipe. You can choose any combination of vegetables to add to this rich tomato based makhani gravy. Serve with naans or parathas to make it a completely gratifying meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep pan along with ¼ cup of water, cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the tomatoes and onions soften.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Strain the paste with a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, garam masala, sugar, kasuri methi and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, mushrooms and green peas, mix well and bring it to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.