Mushroom Kathi Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 485 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22114 times
Satisfying hungry children is a task in itself. Every day food has to look interesting and of course different to please their appetites! This recipe is of a delicious chapati roll filled with a spicy mushroom mixture. The addition of soda bi-crab to the chapati dough makes these chapattis soft while the corn flour makes them crispy. A treat for children and adults alike! If you are using left-over chapatis to rustle up a tasty snack, just warm them up a little!
- Sieve the flour, cornflour, soda bi-carb and salt.
- Rub in the butter and make a soft dough using as much water as required.
- Knead very well, cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Knead once again and divide into 4 portions.
- Roll each portion as thinly as possible. Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) on both sides using a little ghee and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, ginger and onion. Saute till the onion turns translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the coriander-cumin seed powder, pav bhaji masala and kasuri methi.
- Mix well, add the tomato puree and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and stir well till the mushroom are cooked.
- Add the cream, suger and coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 4 portions.
- Spread a portion of the filling evenly on each roti and roll it like a Swiss roll.
- Cut into 50 mm. (2") pieces and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.