Murukus ( Tiffin Treats for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23076 times
Murukus, crispy sesame adds oodles of taste to this famous snack from south india, which closely resembles the gujarati chakli. An ideal occasional short recess snack.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water (approx. ¼ cup).
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and put one portion of the dough into a murukku / chakli press.
- Press out 1 round whirl of the dough on a flat, dry surface working closely from the centre to the outside of the whirl (approx. 100 mm. (4") diameter).
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make 14 more whirls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, lift each whirl with a spatula and deep-fry them, a few at a time on a medium flame, till they turn light brown in colour and crisp on both the sides. Cool completely before cooking.
- Cool completely and pack in a tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.