by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 725 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19450 times
Luscious homemade ice-cream with a milky, vanilla-laced flavour is enhanced with a crunchy muesli mix that features super ingredients like nuts, oats, corn flakes and melon seeds.
There is excitement in every spoonful of this Muesli Ice-Cream, thanks to the peppy textures and flavours contributed by the special muesli mix.
What makes this mix so interesting is the process of caramelizing it before adding it to the ice-cream.
Make sure you crush the caramelized muesli coarsely with a mortar-pestle because powdering it smoothly in a Mixer will kill the crunchiness!
- Combine the oats, nuts and melon seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep side to cool.
- Add the cornflakes and mix well.
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the oats-cornflakes mixture and mix well.
- Spread on to a greased thali and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Break into small pieces, put in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) and pound into smaller pieces. Store in an air-tight container and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and whisk well till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Remove the semi-set ice-cream from the freezer and transfer it in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the prepared muesli mixture and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||239.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.