by Tarla Dalal
Added to 724 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16319 times
Muesli is a breakfast cereal which comprises of cornflakes, rolled oats, nuts, raisins, spices and dried apples. I have modified this traditional recipe for muesli and combined it with caramalised sugar to make granola bars. The golden granola bars are crushed and added to Creamy Vanilla ice-cream for that extra crunch. Serve this with fruits and it will be an ideal summer brunch too…..I am sure your kids will love this fun breakfast.
- Lightly roast the oats, nuts and melon seeds and keep aside to cool.
- When cooled, mix together the cornflakes with the nuts, toasted oats, melon seeds and raisins.
- Add the sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and melt it over gentle heat, stirring continuously till the sugar is light brown in colour (caramelised).
- Remove from the fire, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour this mixture onto a greased marble or stone surface.
- Using a large greased rolling pin, roll it out lightly to form a square of approximately 200 mm. x 200 mm. (8" x 8").
- While it is still warm, cut out rectangular bars of 25 mm. x 100 mm. (1" x 4").
- For the ice-cream crush into small pieces and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together and whisk well till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is semi-set.
- Churn in a blender till all the ice crystals break down and transfer into a shallow container.
- Add the crushed granola bars and mix lightly.
- Transfer into a shallow container, cover and freeze till set. Scoop and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.