Moong Dal Water ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34490 times
This is a nourishing food and an ideal one to start with as its texture is similar to that of breast milk. The water has been strained as babies cannot digest whole cereals and pulse before the age of 6 months. It is best to give it unstrained after your little one is 6 months old. To make it tastier, you can add a tadka of ghee, jeera and turmeric powder a couple of weeks after you start this.
- Pressure cook the dal in 1/2 cup of water for 2 whistles.
- Add an additional 1/2 cup of water to the cooked dal and liquidise it in a blender.
- Strain the cooked dal and serve lukewarm.
- You can make even thinner consistency than given above by adding more sterilized water to the dal.
- VARIATION : MASOOR DAL WATER
- Two tablespoons of masoor dal (split red lentil) can be used instead of moong dal as a variation.
Nutrient values for 1/2 cup
| 32 gm|| 111 kcal|| 7.8 gm|| 19.2 gm|| 0.4 gm|| 15.7 mcg|| 0.0 mg|| 24.0 mg|| 1.2 mg|| 44.8 mcg|| 0.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.