Moong Dal Water ( Baby and Toddler )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36878 times
This nourishing Moong Dal Water is an ideal weaning food, as its texture is similar to that of breast milk, which will make it comfortable for the child to enjoy it.
The water has been strained in this recipe as babies at six months cannot digest whole cereals and pulses. A few weeks later, you can stop straining it and enhance the recipe further by adding a tadka of ghee, jeera and turmeric powder.
You can also try the same recipe with masoor dal once your little one is accustomed to moong dal water.
- Combine the moong dal and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add another ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the cooked dal mixture using a strainer.
- Serve lukewarm.
- Masoor dal water
- 2 tbsp of masoor dal (split red lentil) can be used instead of yellow moong dal and proceed as per the recipe.
Nutrient values for ¾ cup
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Invisible Fat||Calcium||Iron||Folic Acid||Fibre|
| 111 kcal|| 7.8 gm|| 19.2 gm|| 0.4 gm|| 24.0 mg|| 1.2 mg|| 44.8 mcg|| 2.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.