Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-fried Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18847 times
An indian touch to western waffles! moong dal provides folic acid while vegetables ensure fibre in this unusual yet delicious combination. Make the waffles in advance and rustle up the colourful stir-fried vegetables just before you need them.
- Soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours. Wash, drain and discard the water.
- Grind the soaked dal with green chillies and little water in a mixer to get a smooth batter.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, besan, asafoetida, fruit salt, sugar, oil and salt and mix well.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in a pre-heated waffle iron and bake until crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more waffles. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the onion seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add all the vegetables, bean sprouts and salt and sauté on a high flame till the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the flame, divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the waffles in individual serving dishes, top them each with a portion of the stir-fried vegetables and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per waffle
| 215 calories|| 11.8 gm|| 32.9 gm|| 4.5 gm|| 72.0 mcg|| 1.4 mg|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.