Moong Dal Sheera ( Mithai Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 249 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41514 times
This recipe is ambrosia for all sweet lovers, especially those fond of sheera. This recipe is divine. It is coarse and sweet. It generally takes a long time to cook, but this recipe is made in just 20 minutes.
- Soak the moong dal in enough warm water for 2 to 3 hours and drain well.
- Blend the moong dal in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Place the moong dal paste into the muslin cloth and press to remove excess water. Remove the moong dal pate from the muslin cloth into a plate and separate it using a spoon. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the moong dal paste and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water and milk and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for another 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron-water mixture, cardamom powder and almond slivers and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.