Moong Dal Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 268 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82286 times
Healthful moong dal takes the form of a tasteful paratha here! Cooked moong dal, along with potato for binding, onions for crunch and a range of spices for added flavour, makes a great stuffing for parathas that are crisp from outside and soft inside. You will enjoy the unique combination of spices in this protein and iron rich paratha, especially the thoughtful addition of crushed coriander seeds and amchur.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water in a bowl for 2 to 3 hours. Drain well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Allow the parathas to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values Nutritive values per
| 86 calories|| 3.5 gm|| 17.2 gm|| 0.3 gm|| 1.0 mg|| 0.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.