Moong Dal Pandoli ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 269 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31866 times
As far as moong dal pandoli goes, only practice can make you perfect—but, this is definitely a dish worth learning and practicing! when these soft, steamed green gram (moong) dal dumplings are served with select chutneys and tea, 100 per cent satisfaction and lots of compliments are guaranteed!
- Clean and soak the green moong dal in enough water for 2 to 3 hours. Wash thoroughly to remove some skin and drain.
- Add the curds and 1 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tempering to the batter and mix well.
- Tie a muslin cloth on top of a vessel half-filled with water and heat till the water boils.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt on the batter and add the lemon juice over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour 1 to 2 tbsp of the batter on the muslin cloth at regular intervals, cover with a dome shaped lid and steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make more pandolis.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can use chola dal instead of moong dal for a variation.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.