Moong Dal Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 93 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66575 times
The Moong Dal Khichdi features an ideal combo of a cereal and a pulse, which is suitable for your baby once she has adapted to regular rice and dal mash.
This hearty and satiating combo gives not just lots of energy but also very high quality protein essential for growing babies. A small dollop of ghee moistens the dish, and also improves the flavour and aroma of the khichdi making it appeal to infants; moreover it also provides an extra burst of energy!
Try this wholesome khichdi to add more variety to your baby's meal along with a little iron.
- Wash and soak the green moong dal and rice in enough water for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the green moong dal, rice, turmeric powder and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash the khichdi very well using a potato masher.
- Add the ghee and mix well.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values for ¾ cup
|Energy|| 123 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.8 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 19.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.8 gm|
|Iron|| 0.7 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.