Moong Dal Idlis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43943 times
South Indian snacks, while mostly nutritious, are not always suitable for those with high blood sugar. This diabetes-friendly version of Idli replaces rice with wholesome moong dal and vegetables. Relish this popular snack with sizzling hot sambhar or Healthy Coconut Chutney.
- Roast the moong dal in a non-stick pan till all the raw smell disappears. Cool and soak in water overnight.
- Next day, drain and discard the water. Grind the dal in a mixer to a thick paste using little water if required.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, ginger-green chilli paste, besan, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt on it and then a few drops of water on the fruit salt.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the mixture gently into greased idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes till they are done.
- Serve hot with healthy coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per idli with 1 tbsp
| 75 kcal|| 3.3 gm|| 8.3 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 13.9 mg|| 19.5 mcg|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.