Moong Dal Dhokla ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 898 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 91402 times
Moong Dal Dhokla, is rich in zinc, folic acid, iron and protein. Adding veggies further increases the fibre, folic acid and iron content substantially. This suavely flavoured, zero-oil, popular Guajarati farsan is great for people who are counting their calories. Devour this any-time snack with healthy green chutney,for that extra zing.
- Combine the moong dal, green chillies and 5 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, except the fruit salt, and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and steam in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 160 kcal|
|Protein|| 11.2 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 27.5 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 4.2 gm|
|Iron|| 1.9 mg|
|Folic acid|| 64.6 mcg|
|Zinc|| 1.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.