Moong Dal Crispies ( Tiffin Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 207 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62045 times
Aromatic, spicy and flavourful, but very kid-friendly, these Moong Dal crispies make a wonderful snack to send in your kids’ tiffin box. You can make a large batch and store it in an airtight container for around a week, so you can serve it up to your kids whenever they are struck by a sudden hunger pang. For their part, they would love to bite into these crunchy and tasty moong dal and wheat flour crisps, with the exciting flavour of sesame, coriander and lemon. Jar Snacks like these crispes are also very helpful when sudden guests arrive.
- Combine the yellow moong dal and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cut into equal sized diamond shape pieces using a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few pieces at a time, on a slow flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 to make more crispies.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.